Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 111506
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

Hace dos anos un vecino me acuzo de haberlo amenasado con un

Pregunta del cliente

Hace dos anos un vecino me acuzo de haberlo amenasado con un cuchillo y presento a un testigo. El asunto es que me llevaron al county jail y estube como 24 dias preso. Cuando tuve mi ultima corte me declare no contest pues no queria perder mi libertad. Cuando sali el abogado defensor publico me dijo que no saliera del pais y que no tratara de hacerme ciudadano porque podria perder mi recidencia. Ahora debido a eso no puedo salir del pais ni hacerme ciudadano. Este ano me tocaria que aplicar para la ciudadania. Yo le pregunte al abogado en ese entonces que me mostrara la clausula de migracion que apoyara lo que el me estaba diciendo. La cosa es que me toco hacer un dia extra en la carcel pues me nege a aceptar el deal que supuestamente me esataban ofreciendo y el no me pudo mostrarme dicha clausula. Alegando que el ni el juez eran abogados o juez de migracion. Yo quiciera saber si mis temores tienen fundamento o no. Dijo que no habia una cluasula de migracion por weaving a knife to the body of the other person. Necesito ayuda pronto por el momento no tengo los papeles de corte a mano pero los puedo buscar.
Enviada: hace 6 años.
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
Relist: No answer yet.
Where is my answer? Is this just a rip off? Do not charge me another $28 just for asking for the answer to my first question...
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I have not been on for a few days and I don't think there are many experts on this site at the moment. Believe me, it is not a rip-off. All that I ask is that if I have bad news for you, please do not blame the messenger. I will point you to the laws that say certain things so that you can read them yourself, but I am not responsible for them.


I have a few questions for you. What was the exact charge that you pled no contest to? What state was this in? How much time, if any, were you sentenced to?

Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.

Here is some info about my case.

Superior Court Of California, County Of Los Angeles

Date: 4/16/08


Count: 3

Charge: PC 417 (a) (1)

Imposition of setence is suspended for 24 months and the defendant is conditionally sentenced on the conditions below. Served 38 days in jail. Credit 26 actuals days plus 12..............(SERVED), attend 52 AA meetings twice a week......(DONE)

Do not own, use, posses, buy or sell any dangerous or deadly weapons.

Do not annoy, harras, or molest anyone involved in this case. Stay 100 yards away.

Make full restitution to victim...HARVEY WAIVER.


Sorry for the delay but I was trying to find the documents from court.

Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.
No worries about the delay. What I am worried about is the sentence. So in a way, this was an assault charge with more than a 1 year sentence even though the sentence was suspended, correct? Have you renewed your Residency since the conviction?
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.

Hi Gillermo,


I'm sorry but I am not really an expert on legal issues to respond your first question.

As regard renewing my residency I will have to face that in five years. It will expire on 2016. Can you please let me know if there is something that can be done about my case? Please confirm.

Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.
Unfortunately, this looks to me like an aggravated felony. You really only have four options:


1) Get a full and unconditional governor's or U.S. Presidential pardon for the crime.


2) Hire a VERY good criminal attorney to look into the possibility of reopening your criminal case because something was done incorrectly at the criminal level. If the case can be reopened, then the conviction needs to be vacated (set aside) and then you would need an agreement from the prosecutor not to prosecute you again (which they can do). You can try looking for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com.


3) Convince the majority of the U.S. Congress to change the law or to make a law of special application only for you called a Private Bill.


These options essentially would eliminate the conviction so that Immigration cannot use it against you to deport you. Unfortunately, sealing or expunging the conviction does not work.

4) IF you became a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident while inside the U.S. AND you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident spouse or son or daughter that would suffer EXTREME HARDSHIP if you are deported, then you MIGHT stand a chance to not be deported and get Residency again.

I am truly sorry, but you have a tough battle ahead of you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. That is the only way that I can get paid a small percentage of your deposit. If you do not click accept, the website gets all of your deposit and I get nothing. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.