Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a HoyaLawyer
HoyaLawyer, Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 636
Experiencia:  10 + años de experiencia migratoria en muchas áreas de la ley EE.UU..
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
HoyaLawyer está en línea ahora

I live in Mexico and keep a condo in the United States. I

Pregunta del cliente

I live in Mexico and keep a condo in the United States. I am considering a road trip in my Mexican car to Texas next year. What is the process for taking my car to the U.S. Once it is there, can I nationalize it in Texas if I choose? How is that done?
Enviada: hace 6 años.
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
The Dept of Agriculture requires you to have the undercarriage of your vehicle power washed so you do not bring in any pests.
Most late year models meet emissions requirements. Be sure to bring your inspection, registration, and if paid for the title.
Here is the Customs and Border Patrol web page on this topic:


Once you have the car here, you can register it with the Department of Public Safety. here is the link to that web site and how to register the vehicle:


I hope this helps clarify. Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.