Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a HoyaLawyer
HoyaLawyer, Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 636
Experiencia:  10 + años de experiencia migratoria en muchas áreas de la ley EE.UU..
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
HoyaLawyer está en línea ahora

Tengo mi I-140 aprobada, mi empleador me recorto por reduccion

Pregunta del cliente

Tengo mi I-140 aprobada, mi empleador me recorto por reduccion de personal despues de 7 años de trabajo, esto sucedio hace ubn mes. Mi H1-B es valida hasta el 9/2013. que opciones temngo?
Enviada: hace 6 años.
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
¿Cuándo fue la I-140 aprobada?
¿Cuándo el empleador terminar su empleo?
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
mi priority date es 8/08, fue aoprobada en 2009.
Ya me dieron lay off on 6/30 pero el ultimo cheque lo recibi hace dos semanas por las vacaciones que cubririan el epriodo hasta el pasado miercoles.
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
do you prefer English?
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
I do not care, english is OK.
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
Do you have a new employer to transfer the h1b too?
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
I shall close this week the proposal.
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
Ok, but they will be filing the petition to transfer the h1b?
Also, will the former employer withdraw the i-140?
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
THey shall transfer the H1B and my ex-employer duid not withdraw the I 140, it was my only "benefit".
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
so you have your options. have the new employer transfer the h1b but you must leave the u.s. and re-enter with the new h1b. you are now out of status the last day of your employment with the former employer. The date on the h1b is not valid since you are not employed any more. If you do not leave the u.s. to re-enter with the new h1b you will have a problem getting your green card in the future. you can also keep the I-140 with the new employer and when the priority date is current you can file your I485 to get your green card but for the green card you cannot have any days out of status and that is why you cannot stay here in the u.s. waiting for the new h1b because you are out of status. I hope this helps clarify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work (as you would like to receive credit for your work). Positive feedback is also appreciated, if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is not required. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. If you specifically want me to answer a future question put “FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER” in the subject line and I will reply asap.
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
Volver a incluir en lista: Respuesta incompleta..
I need more options!
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
We cannot create options. we can only tell you what immigration laws allow. you are really going to be in serious problems because you are accumulating days out of status, so do not say you were not warned of the consequences. also, feel free to see local immigration attorneys. You can find one at www.ailalawyer.com
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
I know what the answer by the book said, no need to pay for it. I need options based on experience and knowledge of the law!
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
It may surprise you to know that I didn't read a book to give you an answer. that comes from 11 years of experience and my knowledge of the law. It is very frustrating as an attorney when you tell people what they law allows and they cannot accept it. I am sure in your profession there are only a few ways to accomplish something. We can only tell you what the law allows and a person can create all they want, if the immigration law does not allow it then it will not work. Good luck with finding someone to tell you what you want to hear. I can only tell you what the law states and immigration laws are very strict and people get into trouble when they refuse to accept or follow them. No reply to me is necessary. Good luck.
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
But what if I have a new employeer, they are ready to submit the transfer but the H1-B was withdrawn by my company on 7/18 and received a notification on 8/03?
The new company will be able to transfered?
Just answer this and I will accept your answer.
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
I will answer follow up questions after the previous Answers is Accepted, as I had promised. Thanks.
HoyaLawyer y otros otros especialistas en USA Ley en Español están preparados para ayudarle
Experto:  HoyaLawyer escribió hace 6 años.
This just confirms my last answer. if the company withdrew your h1b, you have been out of status since 7/18 the date of the withdrawal. you MUST leave the u.s. to get the new company to file for a New h1b for you. they cannot do a h1b transfer because you hae no h1b to transfer, it ended on 7/18. We spoke 13 days ago and you are still here in the u.s. accumulating unlawful presence, this is not good. the longer you stay out of status the more you risk a denial of the new h1b. get the new company to file the new h1b premium process to get an answer in 15 days and leave asap so you can re-enter with the new h1b. Thanks and good luck with your case.