Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 111568
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

Tengo una H1b con 1-797 por tres a os, pero the visa stamp

Pregunta del cliente

Tengo una H1b con 1-797 por tres años, pero the visa stamp I got is only for 1 year and so is the I 94, does that mean I have to file again next year for an H1b? Or was that a mistake I need to get corrected?
Enviada: hace 6 años.
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.

The I-797 approval notice that says three years, is there a tear-off part at the bottom that maybe says I-94 on it and the date 3 years in the future?

Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
There is a tear-off part it just doesn't say I-94, it says the receipt number, the notice date, my name, the validity and employer.
The I 94 was given at the Border and it is only for 1 year. Somebody said that was wrong and that I needed to have it correct at the CBP otherwise I would have to file again next year for my H1b
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.
If it is a tear-off part and it had a valid date until about 3 years from now, that should be an I-94. What you would need to do is when you travel and you need a new visa, you have to make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad and take that notice and a copy of your file and have them stamp your passport with the new visa. When you enter the U.S., you would be given a new I-94 as well with the validity date which should be the same as on the I-797. But if you do not need to travel, then you should be ok with just the I-797 that you have. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. That is the only way that I can get paid a small percentage of your deposit. If you do not click accept, the website gets all of your deposit and I get nothing. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.