Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 111572
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

i got married to an american citizen in october 20,2000. As

Pregunta del cliente

i got married to an american citizen in october 20,2000. As soon as we got married we went to atlanta ga. we filled for the i130. it was sent off before april 30, 2001 but was not approved until may 17, 2001 then we got a lawyer that ripped us off and let the i130 laspe. so we got another lawyer now started over got the i130 again and this lawyer has made us have to pay the visa fines twice and now he has lost all our papers and let the i130 laspe again . what i really need to know is do i stand a chance of getting my husband legal through the 245i.we have been married almost twelve years and have a three year old daughter.
Enviada: hace 6 años.
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.

Do you have proof that the I-130 was filed on or before April 30, 2001? And what do you mean that it lapsed? It doesn't expire. Did USCIS (or INS back then) ask for additional evidence and it was never turned in? Is that what you mean?

Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
i called the immigration hotline and they told me it had expired because the other lawyer let it go so long and then the lady said it was filed before april 30 2001 but it wasn't approved till may 17, 2001. i sent all the information but the lawyer said there was a place we forgot to sign but he's a lawyer how can we forget to sign something. but now i have a new lawyer and all he does is lie. i've had to pay the next step after i130 again. twice which is 503.00 and still have not gotten anywhere! immigration said if you let it go with out them hearing from you in a year. you have to pay over i think i'm just getting ripped off again. this is the second time the first lawyer got me for 6000.00 and this one is close to 3000.00 already and we are no more closer than we were 12 years ago. what would you suggest.
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.
Ok. This is what you need to do. File the following forms: I-130 (Petition for family member), I-485 (application for Lawful Permanent Residency), an I-485A (this is for the 245(i) so that he does not have to leave the U.S. to get Residency), I-765 (Application for work permit), I-131 (Application for Advance Parole - but do NOT apply for this with 180 days or more of being illegally in the U.S.), G-325a (Biographic data - one for each of you), I-693 (Medical exam that a certified doctor must fill), and I-864 (Affidavit of support). You will need to file each form with supporting evidence and appropriate filing fees. You can find these forms at www.uscis.gov/forms.

The supporting evidence that you would file would be birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce certificates if either of you have been married previously, proof of your U.S. Citizenship, proof of your spouse's legal entry into the U.S., and financial documents to prove your income over the last year at least.


You can file all of this yourself, fill it out yourself and save yourself all the attorney fees, but you have to be careful. The fee for the I-130 is $420, the fee for the I-485 is $1070. The fee for the I-485A is $1000. It is VERY important that you provide copies of the proof that the original I-130 was filed on or before April 30, 2001 and that it was approved. I think you have proof of all of that. It is also VERY important that you provide proof that he was in the U.S. on December 21, 2000.


In about 3 to 5 months after filing, he should get a work permit. About 5 to 7 months after filing you should get a marriage interview. If all goes well, a few weeks later he should get a Residency status (green card).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge, if not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT. That is the only way that I can get paid for helping you. When you click accept, you are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. If there is a delay in getting back to you it is either because I am answering other questions or I had to log off, but I will be back with you as soon as possible. If you would like to request me in the future, just put my name on the subject line. Positive feedback for my service to you (not the state of the law as it is) is always appreciated as well as any bonus if you think I deserve it. Thank you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. y otros otros especialistas en USA Ley en Español están preparados para ayudarle
Cliente: escribió hace 6 años.
puedo llenar todaas etas formas y ser aceptadas aun entrando ilegal a usa ya que recibieron mis papeles en mayo del 2000 ya habia cambiado la ley
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.
Si porque la I-485A es para perdonar la entrada ilegal.