Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 111996
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

I have a son who is a mexican citizen (same as his parents)

Esta respuesta ha recibido una valoración:

I have a son who is a mexican citizen (same as his parents) who studied in the US (Private shools) all through high school and one semester of undergraduate university. During high school he was arrested once because of a brawl and eventually found not guilty and we also cleaned his record through a lawyer. He also had another immigration problem after his only semester in college: the college International Officer did not advise him correctly and he went to classes the wohole semester without a F1 visa. When he tried to get his F1 visa for his second semester the consulate official not only denied him one but also took away his H1B1 visa. After two years he got his H1B1 back. He will finish law school in Mexico next spring and wants a Masters degree (LLM) in the Us. I have two questions:
1. Can he get a Sentry border crossing card. 2.Will he have probles getting an F1 for hil LLM. Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX



1) Fortunately, since he was not convicted of anything, he should be eligible for Sentri:




But he may need to provide them with certified copies of the police report and court disposition and if his case has been sealed or expunged, then that is a problem. He has to hope that they will accept a certified letter from the police department and court as proof that the records no longer exist.


2) As long as he is in legal status, can prove his has the resources to pay for his classes and room and board, and can show that he has non-immigrant intent, then he should be able to get an F-1 status.


Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge. If there is a delay in getting back to you it is either because I am answering other questions or I had to log off, but I will be back with you as soon as possible. It is VERY important that if you are not satisfied, please ask additional questions. My goal is to provide you with top-notch service. And please don't forget to rate me, but please rate me on my service to you, not the state of the law because I have no control over that. Also, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. y otros 2 otros especialistas en USA Ley en Español están preparados para ayudarle
Cliente: escribió hace 5 años.

One Last question: In the forms he has to fill (both SENTRY and F1)He has to anwer two questions in writing:Have you ever been arrested or convicted ´(I don´t remember witch of the two) and have you had problems with US immigration? Whatshoul he answer?

We really apreciate your help. R Nieto.


He has to answer honestly. If they ask if he was arrested, he has to answer yes. If he is asked if he was convicted, he can answer no.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. y otros 2 otros especialistas en USA Ley en Español están preparados para ayudarle