Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 111505
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

Hola, Me llamo Ana. Yo tengo una situacion que para mi es dificil

Pregunta del cliente

Hola, Me llamo Ana. Yo tengo una situacion que para mi es dificil y ten go much miedo.
Mich padres me trajeron a los estados unidos desde Los 5 años. Nunca supe de mi problema immigratoria hasta que trate de buscar trabajo a los 19 años. Mi madre se divorcio y se quedo con Los 4 niños. La unica de mis hermanas que es siudadana es la mas chica.Mi español no es my bien. Tuve una hija joven y mi mama siempre me ayudo. Hace 2 años ella trato arreglar, la mandaron a Juarez y nunca la dejaron regresar. La castigaron. Haora mi padrasto que es Americano se le hiso mas facil moverse a Mexico que sequir con todas las cortes. No tengo nada banjo mi nombre, no tengo tarjeta de indetificacion y el consulante Mexican en S.F.me negaron por no tener foto de prueva.
Que ago?... 30 años, niña de 14, pareja con alguien 8años, y no hablar o ententender el español muy bien. A quien voy?!!
Enviada: hace 5 años.
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 5 años.
Hello. We can speak in English if it is better for you. So you entered illegally with no visa and you are from Mexico? You are probably in the same situation as many millions of persons that entered illegally and cannot do anything to fix their satus, but I will give you all your options.
Cliente: escribió hace 5 años.

thank you... yes.I have been in california since I was 5.

Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 5 años.

Unfortunately, the only forgiveness that existed for entering illegally was under INA 245(i) which states that if you had an I-130, I-140 or Labor Certification properly filed for you ON or BEFORE April 30, 2001 AND you could prove that you were inside the U.S. on December 21, 2000 unless the I-130, I-140 or Labor Certification was filed on or before January 14, 1998, then you could pay a $1000 penalty and adjust status to U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. If you did not have any of those types of applications filed for you before that date, then you have three options:

1) Wait for an immigration law to come out that will help you. I have high hopes that next year or maybe the following, something good will come out.

2) Apply for Asylum (you had to have done this within the 1st year be being in the U.S. unless there are changed country conditions), Withholding of Removal, Convention Against Torture, or Cancellation of Removal. The first three things are if you fear to return to your home country because you believe that you will be specifically targeted due to your race, religion, nationality, social group or political opinion and that you run a high risk of great bodily injury, torture, or death as a result. The last, Cancellation, you would have to prove that you have been at least 10 years in the U.S. AND you must also prove that if you are deported, a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident that depends upon you will suffer exceptional and extremely unusual hardship. This hardship must be something more than emotional separation hardship or financial hardship, so it is difficult to get.

3) If you marry a U.S. Citizen (for love, of course), you could file an I-130 here in the U.S. (which will give you no legal status), but once that I-130 is approved, really the only thing you can do is leave the U.S. and apply to come back in at the U.S. Embassy/consulate in your home country as the spouse of a U.S. Citizen. At that point, they will want to deny you because you entered illegally and stayed. So you would have to apply for an I-601 waiver (forgiveness) and to get this waiver you will have to prove that your spouse will suffer extreme hardship if you are not allowed back in to the U.S. These waivers are very difficult to get. The reason they are difficult to get is because your spouse's hardship probably will need to be more than just economic hardship or emotional separation hardship. So because they are difficult to get, no one wants to risk leaving the U.S. and getting stuck outside for 10 years if it isn't granted.


You can look at this link to get more information on I-601 waivers. It is from the U.S. Embassy in Syria, but it is a good description and the process should be similar in all U.S. Embassies.



and here is another link:


And here is a link to what extreme hardship is:



Your duaghter turning 21 would not help you because the I-601 waiver cannot be filed by a U.S. Citizen son or daughter for a parent.


And about Obama's new law, it isn't a new law. It is a new procedure but I think it is a trap. Why? Because right now there are millions of undocumented persons in the U.S. that are married to U.S. Citizens and even have U.S. Citizen children but they do not leave because they are afraid to be stuck outside for 10 years. What has changed is that before (and until they implemente the change which will take a year or so), a person had to leave the U.S. and spend around 15 months or so while waiting for their appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country and then HOPE that they got approved, but the change is that now they say that the same person can apply inside the U.S., supposedly get a pre-approval, but they still have to leave the U.S. and present themselves to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. So why do I think it is a trap? Because it could very easily be a way to just get those many millions of people to finally leave the U.S. and once they are outside, they can still be denied the waiver even though they have a "pre-approval". I just don't trust that. So at the very least, it will be a year before it is implemented and I would wait at least 6 months or more to see how many of those pre-approvals turn out to be approvals at the end.


4) (probably your best option) You can apply for Deferred Action which. If you meet the following requirements, you could qualify to not be deported now and may qualify for a work permit:


Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.


Here is an official link:



I am truly sorry, but your options are limited. At least you have Deferred Action which is a good option. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge. If there is a delay in getting back to you it is either because I am answering other questions or I had to log off, but I will be back with you as soon as possible. It is VERY important that if you are not satisfied, please ask additional questions. DO NOT use the "Necesito mas informacion" or "No me respondio a la pregunta" ratings. Please do not rate me on bad news. Bad news is not my fault as I have no control over the law. But my goal is to provide you with top-notch service. Please ask additional questions until you are satisfied so that you give me a positive rating. Just give me a chance to try and help you because I am on your side. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 5 años.

Is there anything else that I can do for you? I would be glad to answer. But please do not forget to rate me positively. That is the only way that I get paid for my assistance to you. You are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge even after you rate me. Thank you.