Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 116450
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

I am american citizen i have 59 years old i have a friendship

Pregunta del cliente

I am american citizen i have 59 years old i have a friendship with a family at Guatemala City and i will like give to my friend and wife him a week or two of vacation but they never have been at USA before.. I will like to know what i need to do for what they to come and spend the vacations with me.. of course i would pay all the expenses they
Enviada: hace 6 años.
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.

Hello and Happy New Year! Thank you for using our service. I will try to get you the information that you are asking for. Please keep in mind that this website does not pay me a salary. I ONLY get paid if you rate me positively. So obviously, I am going to do everything that I can to give you a good answer because no one likes to work for free. I want to get paid. But don't get me wrong, I actually do care about your case and often I go the extra mile anticipating other questions and problems that you may have. I may ask questions of you because the law is often complicated and I need to verify certain things before I can answer you. Also, keep in mind that often the law does not have a good solution. There may not be a good way to accomplish what you like. So please remember to rate me on my service to you, not if it is good news or bad news. Please do not use the "Bad Service" or "Poor Service" options. Please respond to my answer if you have any questions or concerns to give me an opportunity to make you happy with the service. And finally, even after you rate me, you can ask follow-up questions without additional charge, so your question doesn't necessarily close just because you rate me.


You can look at the link below for all the information that you need on the visitor visa:




Essentially, they must have a valid reason for visiting, must have a way to support themselves without working illegally, must have significant ties to their home country, and must have the intent to return home.


A letter of invitation helps with some of this as it will help to show why they are coming to the U.S., how much time they will need and that perhaps they will have a place to stay so that they do not have to spend money. Usually you want to show that they are going just for a few weeks or so. If it is longer than that, immigration will wonder why and will become suspicious. They are almost sure to deny someone that says they want to visit for 5 or 6 months unless they have very strong evidences of everything else I listed above. So your letter should state why you are inviting them and that you will provide room and board while they are here visiting. But keep in mind that a letter of invitation is a small part of the process and isn't even a requirement (people mistakenly believe it is the most important) and it can sometimes be used against the applicant. For example, if the consular officer believes that the applicant will have too much support meaning that they could stay illegally in the U.S., the officer would deny the visa. Sometimes it is better to not even have a letter of invitation. The most important part of a case is to have strong ties to the home country.


Now as to some of the ties, they will need to show that they have significant close family at home, property not easily sold, and a good job for a good company that they have had for awhile that they would not normally abandon.


So if they are young (or old and retired or close to retiring), and without much money or any property or a good job, they would probably be denied. Immigration would see them as a risk for staying illegal. Also, persons that are planning to travel with their spouse and children are a risk as well because some of their significant ties are actually going with them.


I mean some people have been approved with less, but I am trying to give you the idea for the best chance.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you without additional charge. If there is a delay in getting back to you it is either because I am answering other questions or I had to log off, but I will be back with you as soon as possible. It is VERY important that if you are not satisfied, please ask additional questions. DO NOT use the "Poor Service" or "Bad Service" ratings. Please do not rate me on bad news. Bad news is not my fault as I have no control over the law. But my goal is to provide you with top-notch service. Please ask additional questions until you are satisfied so that you give me a positive rating. Just give me a chance to try and help you because I am on your side. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.es/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Experto:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. escribió hace 6 años.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you