Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 112983
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

tengo mi padre preso por un problema pequeno con un vecino

Esta respuesta ha recibido una valoración:

tengo mi padre preso por un problema pequeno con un vecino ,al arrestarlo se dieron cuenta q el ya habia estado preso 3 qanos hace ya 20 anos atras ,pero fue deportado. luego de tres meses de salir deportado para nuestro pais de origen regrso a los u.s.a. a los 3 meses. desde entonces empezo una nueva vida , trabajando juicioso y siendo una persona de bien . ahora esta preso y se dieron cuenta de q habia sido deportado antes ,por favor dingamen q puede pasar no tenemos dinero para pagar un abogado ,estoy desesperada ,tengo 21 anos y necesito a yudar a mi padre . necesito saber q pueda pasar con el y a donde puedo buscar ayuda ,por favor ayudenme y DIOS se lo pague.
Hola. Es posible que le vaya tener malas noticias. Por lo menos con la verdad no gastaria dinero en un abogado que al fin no le hace nada. Espero que entienda que a veces la ley no da una buena solucion y en EEUU no son como los otros paises que los juezes pueden tenerle pena a una situacion. Cual fue el delito nuevo que cometio? Y de cual pais es el? Le tengo que decir que por entrar de vuelta ilegalmente despues de una deportacion, eso ya es un delito con hasta 10 años en la carcel.
Cliente: escribió hace 5 años.

It was a problem with a neighbor, that case is already closed and they just charged it as a violation he has to stay out of trouble for 6 months and no contact with that person for 6 months. however that case is closed already and now he is awaiting for the court for violating parole. he's final court date for the parole was may 8 but they didnt call him it already been more then a week. how much longer does he have to wait to get closed and then for immigration to get a hold of him.?

Well, as soon as the police is ready to release him, ICE has 48 hours not including weekends and holidays to go pick him up. If he is lucky and he is not picked up, then they will release him. If he is picked up, then he is in big trouble. As I said, there is up to a 10 year prison sentence if he is convicted of illegal re-entry after a deportation. Again, if he is lucky, they won't want to make an example of him and will not prosecute him criminally and just process his deportation. If that happens, then he has the following options:


1) Ask the ICE attorney in his deportation case for prosecutorial discretion. If granted, they would not deport him right now. It doesn't give him any work permit or legal status, but it just means that for now they will not deport him. Here is a link:





2) Apply for Asylum (he had to have done this within the 1st year be being in the U.S. unless there are changed country conditions), Withholding of Removal, or Convention Against Torture. These are if he fears to return to his home country because he believes that he will be specifically targeted due to his race, religion, nationality, social group or political opinion and that he runs a high risk of great bodily injury, torture, or death as a result.


3) If he is deported, then he could come back, but he will need 3 things for him to come back:


a) He will need a U.S. Citizen spouse, parent or son or daughter over 21 to file an I-130 for him or it can also be a Lawful Permanent Resident spouse.


2) He will need an I-601 waiver to forgive the time he spent illegally in the U.S. To get this waiver he will have to prove that his U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident spouse or parent (it cannot be a child) will suffer extreme hardship if he is not allowed back in to the U.S. These waivers are very difficult to get. The reason they are difficult to get is because the hardship probably will need to be more than just economic hardship or emotional separation hardship. You can look at this link to get more information on I-601 waivers. It is from the U.S. Embassy in Syria, but it is a good description and the process should be similar in all U.S. Embassies.



and here is another link:



Here is a link to what extreme hardship is:



3) He will need an I-212 special permission to apply for admission to the U.S. after deportation. He can only apply for this after he has been outside for at least one year. Here is a link to that:




I am truly sorry, but his options are very limited. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.es/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. y otros otros especialistas en USA Ley en Español están preparados para ayudarle
Cliente: escribió hace 5 años.

thank you for your help, I have heard about the conviction against torture and we will be sure to exhaust all options for him to stay here or at least try to do the least time possible.


however just like there is a law that states that ICE must pick him up after 48 hours or he will get released, is there any that can drop the charge of violation of parole since they didnt call him on the 8th of this month and its already been 12 days and nothing new as came up with his case?


basically what Im trying to ask is if there is anything to help accelerate the process? because I know if there the parole charged isn't resolved ICE won't get involved

Unfortunately, that I wouldn't be able to tell you because that is a state criminal law procedure rule, not an immigration law.