Cómo funciona JustAnswer:
  • Preguntar a un Experto
    Los expertos tienen muchos conocimientos valiosos y están dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier pregunta. Credenciales confirmadas por una empresa de verificación perteneciente a Fortune 500.
  • Obtener una respuesta profesional
    Por correo electrónico, mensaje de texto o notificación mientras espera en su sitio. Haga preguntas de seguimiento si lo necesita.
  • Garantía de satisfacción plena
    Garantizamos tu satisfacción.
Formule su propia pregunta a Guillermo J....
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Abogado
Categoría: USA Ley en Español
Clientes satisfechos: 111568
Experiencia:  10+ años de experiencia en derecho de inmigracion EE.UU y 8+ años de experiencia en derecho general.
Escriba su pregunta sobre USA Ley en Español aquí...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. está en línea ahora

HI, my name is AL, My wife and I came to US in July/2004

Esta respuesta ha recibido una valoración:

HI, my name is AL,

My wife and I came to US in July/2004 with visitor visa. at I-90. We got 6 months but we asked for extention, so we got 6 months more, but after 1 year we decided to stay illegally.

In 2008 the ICE knoked my door, saying they can deport us, but if we make a deal they will allow us to stay legally if we testify against our boss. We testified and we got for 4 years the permit work, but last month they asked us to assin a voluntary departure untill August/07 - 2013 (next week) saying we could come back, we did assigned but we are not ready to go but we don't want stay illegaly, is there anythink we can do?? plus we own to IRS US$ 28,000.00, we pay US$ 300.00 per month, but if I leave I can't pay anymore, this is driving me crazy, can you help me, please...??? thanks
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

I think you probably should have planned this from a long time ago and not waited until the last minute. They aren't going to let you stay just because you owe the IRS money. If that was the case, then no one that was illegal would pay the IRS! What country are you from?
Cliente: escribió hace 4 años.
I'm from brazil, I have tried another attorney but the answer was that I should go back and she contacted another lawyer by phone and the answer was the same, we have tried an U visa, but it was denied. Just today I saw this site, surely I will rate your answer and I understand it could be a good or bad news, thanks
Why were you denied the U visa? Have you been before an immigration judge yet? Can you tell me exactly what you signed with ICE?
Cliente: escribió hace 4 años.
According to ICE the U visa was denied because the company that I worked for wasn't involved in criminal activity, the crime was hiring illegal aliens. I never been before a immigration judge, thanks
And what was it that you signed that ICE gave you that gave you time to leave the U.S.?
Cliente: escribió hace 4 años.
It was a voluntary departure and verification of departure form, this form I should return to American embassy anywhere abroad
It's not looking good. Have you ever been served with a Notice To Appear (NTA) either before you were given a temporary stay or after? I mean at any time have you ever been served with an NTA?
Cliente: escribió hace 4 años.
No, never. I never hear about this NTA
OK. That's good. If you can avoid getting an NTA issued until after you have been in the U.S. for more than 10 years, then you may be able to qualify for Cancellation of Removal. For this you have to show 10 years or more in the U.S. and that you have a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident that depends upon you that would suffer extreme hardship if you are deported. If not, if they do not qualify or are denied this, you can still ask the ICE attorney in your deportation case for prosecutorial discretion. If granted, they would not deport you right now. It doesn't give you any work permit or legal status, but it just means that for now they will not deport you. Here is a link:





Other than that, there are very few options available to you. If you do not leave on time, they will most likely place you in Removal Proceedings, but that's when you would ask for Prosecutorial Discretion. Hopefully by then, immigration reform will come out, but no one knows when it will come out or who it will help.



Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/. Thank you!

Cliente: escribió hace 4 años.
I understood, if we stay and the ICE place me in removal proceeding and denied us a prosecutorial discretion, they may arrest us, if they do, do we have a chance to go before a judge? And do we have any chance with a judge? I hope it was a last question, you have been very helpful, thanks
Yes, you would have a chance to go before an Immigration Judge, but that will probably just buy you more time in the U.S. and maybe more time if you file an appeal, but honestly I don't see any real benefit that you could apply for that will let you stay in the long run. So I don't think you have any chance with an immigration judge other than to buy time and hope for immigration reform and as I said, no one knows when and even if that will ever come out. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Cliente: escribió hace 4 años.
I'm sorry, I promises this will be the last one, if in case I decide to stay, do I have to call the agent responsible for our case? He asked me to keep him posted. Thanks again
You do not have a limit to how many questions that you can ask, but I ask that you please rate me positively now. Your question does not close and as long as you respond to this thread, you can ask questions without additional charge even after you rate me. If you call the agent in charge or your case, they are going to try to convince you to leave. They can also initiate the NTA against you. So you have to make a choice. If you contact them, it may be easier to get Prosecutorial Discretion later on but you may lose out on the possibility of Cancellation of Removal because they could issue an NTA against you quickly before you have been in the U.S for 10 years. But if you do not have a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident that depends upon you, then you wouldn't qualify for Cancellation of Removal anyway, so it may be best to contact them and let them know you are staying and hope that this helps you get Prosecutorial Discretion later. If you do not contact them, that could also buy you more time to wait for immigration reform. So it is a tough decision. Sorry about that. Please do not forget to rate me positively. Since I am not paid a salary, it is the only way that I get paid. You are not charged again and I will not abandon you after you rate me positively if you have additional questions. Thank you.


Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. y otros otros especialistas en USA Ley en Español están preparados para ayudarle